Greg Heifner is one of the true pioneers in the satellite communications industry.
In 1980 Heifner Communications, Inc. (HCI) broke new ground in the personal satellite earth terminal industry, extending that success to the Education Satellite Network as well as providing private cable systems and programming support to hundreds of communities through the following decades. As the leading provider of satellite programming and technology throughout the 90's, HCI became well versed in using technology to solve unusual problems. HCI established multiple standards in the distribution of satellite television channels to commercial markets, and co-developed and distributed the first "stacked LNB" technology, as well as the first fiber optic distribution system designed for digital broadcasters such as DirecTV.
Orbital Data Net, Inc. (ODN) was founded in 1999 to provide remote networking solutions to educators, governments and commercial enterprise, interfacing with corporate, state and federal governmental entities on a wide variety of projects. Among the organizations ODN works with are:
- NASA, RADCC Monitoring Facility at Cape Canaveral
- Department of Energy, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Louisiana Department of Public Safety
- Louisiana Department of Public Health
- Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- Louisiana SAIC
- Louisiana Sheriff's Department
- Minnesota Sheriff’s Department Hennepin County (Minneapolis)
- Florida Department of Public Safety
- State of Illinois, all agencies, StarComm System provided by Motorola
- City of Kansas City, Department of Emergency Management
- City of Kansas City, Fire Department
- Kansas Department of Transportation
- The Red Cross of St. Louis Missouri
- The Red Cross of Dallas Texas
- Missouri Hospital Association
- Missouri Department of Transportation
- Missouri Highway Patrol
- Missouri Department of Conservation
- Missouri Department of Corrections
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, State Laboratory
- Missouri Department of Natural Resources
- Missouri State Emergency Management
- Last Mile Network, Department of the Interior
- Mississippi State University
- University of Missouri
- Dow Chemical
- Wisconsin Public Power
Many of these customers have taken advantage of our specialized land mobile radio back haul services designed for Motorola and Raytheon networks. In many cases, these agencies started with other major satellite technology suppliers and came to ODN after having negative experiences with those companies. ODN has constructed policies and technologies that best serve emergency managers, as well as those that need to communicate remotely.
ODN has a tremendous level of relevant experience addressing the public needs these customers represent.